Jesus Soqui https://web.vivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/logo-vivri_alta-01-300x109.png Jesus Soqui2016-09-20 18:53:342016-09-20 18:53:34Chicken cutlets with fennel and capers
2 servings, 181 calories
- 1 8 – ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil extra-virgin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- Split chicken breast in half horizontally to form two thin cutlets. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with the salt and pepper. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; add oil and heat skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook about 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Transfer chicken to a plate; cover with foil and keep warm.
- Add fennel, shallot, and garlic to skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes; cook about 2 minutes more or until fennel is tender. Stir in parsley, capers, and Italian seasoning; cook for 1 more minute. Serve immediately over chicken. Makes 2 servings (1 chicken piece with 1/2 cup tomato mixture).