Jesus Soqui https://web.vivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/logo-vivri_alta-01-300x109.png Jesus Soqui2016-10-18 17:21:022016-10-18 17:21:02Spicy lime chicken with herbed quinoa
Ingredients (2 serves):
Chicken and marinade
- 1 pound chicken tenders (or skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into strips).
- Juice of two limes.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and cracked black pepper.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked.
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped.
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped.
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced.
- Grind all the spices (cumin, fennel, sesame, coriander seeds) in a grinder or mortar. Place the lime juice, minced garlic, spice mix, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the chicken, in a large salad bowl. Rub the marinade over the chicken and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Drain from the marinade and stir fry the chicken tenders in a hot skillet until golden and cooked through. Add the marinade at the end of cooking and cook for 2-5 minutes more; make sure you don’t burn the spices of the marinade, you just want them slightly caramelized.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the cooked quinoa, cilantro, parsley and scallion in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve the chicken with the herbed quinoa, sprinkle with extra spices and drizzle with extra oil to serve.