- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
Heat oil in a deep frypan over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, add chicken and brown all over for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium, add onion, celery stalk, garlic and thyme, then season. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until vegetables soften. Return chicken to pan with stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in spinach, celery leaves and lentils, then cook for 3-4 minutes until spinach is wilted and lentils are warmed through. Serve with crusty bread